How is it October??? I mean trust me I love October! But how is it October???
It's the beginning of the month and time to link up with Farley with Oh' Boy 4th Grade
- Listening: How to Get Away with Murder. I watched half of it last night and then got really tired - and decided I would watch it when I got home from work today. I love all things Shonda Rhimes. We are obsessed with Scandal - I was excited to watch the tail end of Hope King's Periscope last night and how she wants to be Olivia Pope in her next life. That is my goal. I want to be just like her and have her closet and have her looks :).
- Loving: All things Fall and Halloween. The smells outside are amazing and the leaves beginning to change is beautiful. I have decked out my little porch with fall decorations and even added some mums. I will have to update a picture later.
- Thinking: I have had a bunch of things happening in the professional world lately. I had a State Dept. Coaches PLC this week at my school. We had some great discussions as well as helping each other in our Coaching Roles. We also worked on setting Coaching Moves. In addition, working on deadlines with the window closing in for Fountas and Pinnell, DRA 2+, SLO Pre-Assessment completion, and more. I am working on some coaching sessions with my teachers and we are diving into looking at how each of their Literacy Block's are set up. If you have never Michael at the Think Builder - you need to like now. Leave my blog and visit it and then come back and read the rest of my Currently. We are going to use his blog post on organizing the Literacy Block without a headache. I even completed a sample one for them on if I was in the classroom how I would use this process to help me think.
- Wanting: Hello Hurricane Joaquin - Chill out! We have to get out outfits in gear for tomorrow's Clemson/Notre Dame Game since it is going to be a wet one. I am lucky to have a great co-worker who is going to let me borrow her nice Hunter Boots tomorrow. I have rainboots but they aren't the best. We have to go get John something to help him stay water resistant for his feet.
- Needing: So I just put in for my professional day at the end of the month!!! I was so lucky with donors through Donors Choose to get my trip to the Ron Clark Academy paid for! I will be staying with a long-time friend the night before who lives outside of Atlanta and am excited to visit and catch up with her and her sweet little boy. They are so fun! And then the next day I will visit RCA!!!!! I am so excited to get so inspired and see what all the hype is about! One of my goals for a Coaching Move is Student Engagement in my building. I believe 100% that if a student isn't engaged - they won't grow like we need them to. It is our job as teachers to get our students engaged in what we are teaching in some way. Student Engagement often means to think outside of the box. One of our teachers in our building is AMAZING at this. This week his students did LOTS with Summarizing this week and then made homemade gum at the end of the week. All of the articles they read all week had to do with gum.
- Boo-tiful: Dolly got her hair done today. She looks so cute. She got some new scarfs from Crafty Doods. We have family pictures next weekend and she had to get her hair done and some new gear to help her get ready!